Sunday, March 25, 2012

Today I am sharing some codes that I think would be helpful especially for PHP programmers out there who, already worked on this but since there are some changes in yahoo that caused error in the current setting of sendmail, this kind of article, must be shared.

 Just recently, I am updating a module of an Integrated System that was assigned to me. I was actually working on a notification program that automatically sends an email to a recommender or approver whenever a record was submitted. The purpose of sending notification is to alert the officer, either the department head or the line VP to recommend or approve the submitted record.While working on the function, I encountered an error and my email is not sending! I am using a fake sendmail program to be able to send an email from my localhost to any email address such as those in yahoo and gmail domain. The current setup of my fake sendmail configuration looks like the this one:
For some reason I preferred to use a yahoo domain here, instead of our company email therefore I also have to use the smtp server of yahoo. Having this kind of set up doesn't work anymore and if you also have this kind of configuration in your sendmail, you really need to update that to this one:

Take note of the difference from the first code above than the latter one. I removed the @yahoo.com in the auth_username and after that, my email notification function just worked back to normal!

That ends my short tut of the new changes implemented by yahoo in implementing POP and smtp server. Hope you found it useful.
Posted by Unknown On 3:23 AM No comments

0 (mga) puna:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Affiliations

    Recent Posts